Monday, February 8, 2010

An Introspective Introduction: Redux

Edit: Bonus, here's Bill O'Reilly interviewing John Stewart


Hi, my name is James Wagenknecht. I was born in Massachusetts where I lived until I was 11. Then I returned to my ancestral home here in VT where I went to high school in Fairfax. My winter break highlights were secluded snowshoe trips in the woods deep behind my parents house. But on a frightening note I can only describe the sound a frozen lake makes as you walk alone across it several miles away from another person, as terrifying. In regards to the Media there are a huge number of things I do like about it, the volume of information available and the speed of access to it being my favorites. But I sincerely worry that the tide of technology is moving too swiftly. I worry that in a short number of years we won't have to interact face to face with anyone if we choose not to. My future lies in the realm of direct food production, a farm. But I move towards the rural world while deliberately keeping a foot in the urban one, knowing all too well that the two are creeping closer and closer.

1 comment: